Joy is the Broker Associate at Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Florida 1st in Fort Lauderdale, FL. She sat down to answer a few career questions for us and give you the perfect book to add to your list in the new year.
1. Which of our BHGRE® P.A.I.G.E. (Passion, Authenticity, Inclusion, Growth, Excellence) core values do you identify with most, and why?
Passion. I love helping and teaching people. Making the difference in the lives of others with Passion only elevates each of our core values.
2. What are your favorite qualities in a customer?
Appreciation and loyalty. When after 35 years the same customer comes looking for you because they remember the first home you helped them with, priceless.
3. What is the one characteristic that’s helped you the most in your career?
Commitment. I began my career at 18 and I committed to being the best. 35 years later, I still commit to being the best every day, to myself and my clients.
4. What was the last book you read?
THE BOUNCE BACK BOOK by Karen Salmansohn. A great book with 75 tips on how to shine by choosing to be strong and to survive and climb out of the face of adversity and loss.
5. If you were not in real estate, what would you be doing?
Photographer. I would travel the globe shooting photographs in seldom-seen places to share the beauty of the world with those that may not have the opportunity to see it.
6. What was the last song you heard that you couldn’t stop humming?
“I Like Me Better” by Lauv. Great song to look back smiling at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself, “I like me better when I am with you.”
7. Who is your real-life hero?
8. What is your favorite motto?
“Every set back is a set up for a comeback.”
9. If you could sell a home in any market in the world, where would it be?
In a market where I can educate and make a difference to all. Teaching people about homeownership is one of the first steps to realizing the dream of homeownership.
10. What advice would you give your younger self starting out in real estate?
Be you, notice everything around you, be grateful, remember your name means everything, knowledge is power, go the distance and then the extra mile.